“Work Anywhere, Anytime, on Any Device with Office 365”
The Microsoft Office 365 suite is a hosted, online version of the traditional installed version of Microsoft Office software. It is an online subscription-based cloud system in which you run apps, access remote data, collaborate on files, and exchange information with colleagues and business partners.
Office 365 delivers the power of cloud productivity to businesses of all sizes, helping save time, money, and free up valued resources. It eliminates a company’s IT maintenance tasks, such as patching, and infrastructure support costs. For end users, the advantage is the ability to access Office 365 offerings using your smartphone or tablet devices anywhere with an internet connection. IT administrators access the Office 365 suite from a web-based portal to set up new user accounts, control access to features and see the status of all Office 365 services and tools.
Office 365 features
Here are some of the more common Office 365 features:
- Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Skype for Business, Access)
- Exchange Online (email, calendar, tasks)
- SharePoint Online (web portal for collaboration)
- Yammer (enterprise social networking)
- OneDrive for Business (cloud file storage)
- Planner (project management)
- Power BI (business intelligence)
- Delve (social document discovery)
- Video (a private video library)
- Sway (a tool for creating reports, presentations and newsletters)